Lubricating the drill bit and drilling material extends bit life and improves cutting action, accuracy and hole quality. Most materials require some form of lubrication or cutting fluid. Use the chart below to select the right lubrication for various jobs: MATERIAL - LUBRICANT Aluminum - Kerosene or Cutting Fluid Brass- Cutting oil or kerosene Bronze- Cutting oil or kerosene Cast Iron- Dry Copper- Cutting oil or Cutting fluid Plastics- Dry Steel- Cutting oil or Cutting fluid Wood- Dry Wrought Iron- Cutting oil or Cutting fluid NOTE: If cutting oil is not available, you can substitute with SAE 20 motor oil or a light machine oil.
Articles in this section
- How to start an online warranty repair claim?
- Where can I order parts for my BLACK+DECKER product?
- Who can I contact for support with my BLACK+DECKER under cabinet LED lighting product?
- Who can I contact for support with BLACK+DECKER compact appliance?
- Who can I contact for support with my BLACK+DECKER kids toy?
- How to warranty my tool?
- Where can I find a service center to repair my tools?
- How to check the repair status of my tool
- How to check my parts order status on ToolServiceNet?
- Why is the product registration site not working for me?