Lubricating the drill bit and drilling material extends bit life and improves cutting action, accuracy and hole quality. Most materials require some form of lubrication or cutting fluid. Use the chart below to select the right lubrication for various jobs: MATERIAL - LUBRICANT Aluminum - Kerosene or Cutting Fluid Brass- Cutting oil or kerosene Bronze- Cutting oil or kerosene Cast Iron- Dry Copper- Cutting oil or Cutting fluid Plastics- Dry Steel- Cutting oil or Cutting fluid Wood- Dry Wrought Iron- Cutting oil or Cutting fluid NOTE: If cutting oil is not available, you can substitute with SAE 20 motor oil or a light machine oil.
Articles in this section
- Who can I contact for support with my BLACK+DECKER under cabinet LED lighting product?
- Who can I contact for support with BLACK+DECKER compact appliance?
- Who can I contact for support with my BLACK+DECKER kids toy?
- How can I look up a Canadian service center near me?
- Even though Ive confirmed that I have the correct catalog/model number for my tool, why cant I seem to find it on the site?
- Can the Plant Smart Software be used on an IPad or other mobile devices?
- What is the PSI on the BDPH400 paint sprayer?
- Instruction Manual for 14.4 volt Cordless Garden Sprayer.
- What is the contact information for the Black & Decker office in New Zealand?
- How can I obtain more information on the DRIP plan or a DRIP enrollment form?