It is possible to sharpen the chain on your LP1000 yourself, as long as you remove the chain bar and chain from the unit, using a vice. Hold the chain bar in a vice and place the chain on it as a means to help hold the chain. You need to hold the chain on the bar the whole time you sharpen the chain. A 4 mm chain file is the required file, available at a home center or hardware store. Please refer to the attachment for further information. IT IS UNSAFE TO SHARPEN THE CHAIN WHILE INSTALLED ON THE SAW. Please refer to the attached file for further information.
Articles in this section
- What size Power Inverter, Transformer or Generator is needed to run my corded power tool?
- How can I look up a Canadian service center near me?
- Where can I find the plans for building a Lean-to-Shed, that were previously listed on the Black & Decker website?
- Quel est le temps de chargement du cultivateur sans fil CTL36?
- What is the charge time for the CTL36 Cordless Tiller?
- Even though Ive confirmed that I have the correct catalog/model number for my tool, why cant I seem to find it on the site?
- Why do I keep receiving a prompt to Verify My Address when the information Ive entered is correct?
- Where can I find the most up-to-date part numbers, parts pricing, and/or parts availability for my tool(s)?
- How do I find manuals, parts lists, and/or exploded views on DEWALT ServiceNET?
- Can the unit be submerged in salt water or fresh water?