REWINDING SPOOL FROM BULK LINE
Bulk line for your trimmer/edger is available at extra cost from your local dealer
or most home centers and hardware stores. Use only the size and type of line recommended in your manual. If you no longer have your manual, you can look it up by your trimmer model number at this link.
To install bulk line, follow the steps below:
- Unplug the trimmer or if cordless, remove the battery.
- Press the release tabs on the line hub cover and remove the cover by pulling it straight off.
- Remove the spool from the tool and remove and discard all line on the spool.
- Insert one end of the bulk line into the hole in the spool about 1/2" (12 mm).
- Snugly and evenly wind the bulk line onto the spool in the direction of the arrow until the line builds up to the notches in the spool rim. Do not overfill spool.
- Insert the line end through the eyelet in the spool hub. Pull the line through the hole to maintain tension while placing the spool down into the hub with the arrow up.
- Press the spool down GENTLY and rotate it until you feel it drop into place. (When in place, the spool will turn a few degrees left and right freely). Take care to keep the line from becoming trapped under the spool.
- Snap the hub cover back on, and turn the tool on. In a few seconds or less you'll hear the nylon line being cut automatically to the proper length.