Charge the battery initially for 9 hours. After the initial charge, under normal usage, your power pack should be fully charged in 3 to 6 hours. If the power pack is run-down completely, it may take up to 6 hours to become fully charged. The red light is just a power indicator. The light will not go out, change colour, or blink when the charging has been completed. To prolong power pack life, avoid leaving the power pack on charge for extended periods of time (over 30 days without use). Although overcharging is not a safety concern, it can significantly reduce overall power pack life. The power pack will reach optimum performance after being cycled 5 times during normal usage. There is no need to run the batteries down completely before recharging. Normal usage is the best method of discharging and recharging the batteries.
Articles in this section
- What is Tritan™ Renew?
- Do tools made from recycled materials perform as well as existing products?
- How is the recycled content certified?
- Can the tools be recycled themselves once they are no longer needed?
- Can the batteries also be recycled?
- What is the packaging made from?
- What are BLACK+DECKER®’s sustainability goals?
- What is Stanley Black & Decker’s Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) strategy?
- Are the tools as strong and durable as their ‘non-recycled’ equivalents?
- Why have you introduced a range of recycled tools?