In order to find accurate parts, manuals and drawings for your tool you must know the tool model number and type number. The model number of a Black+Decker product identifies which specific tool it is. The type number identifies the multiple versions of a specific model number. A type 1 version can have different parts to a type 2 version of a particular model number. The type number is as important to know as the model number in order to ensure you receive the correct service part(s). Some models can have multiple type numbers or, in some cases, no type number. On Black & Decker tools the model and type can be found on the rating label or name plate.Below are some examples of labels where we have highlighted the model number and type.
Articles in this section
- How do I find my model number?
- Should I leave the battery in the tool when I have finished working with it?
- Should I store my batteries fully charged or discharged?
- Can I use Black+Decker tools for professional use?
- How can I identify carbon brushes life?
- What is the average length of brush life?
- Where can I get a drawing and parts list for my tool?