This discoloration of the plastic is normal, over time the white material discolors from the normal heat produced by the transformer. This is only an aesthetic issue and is not an indication of overheating or of a problem with the charger.
Articles in this section
- How do I use a screwfinder?
- Is my jack plug charger interchangeable between products?
- The white plastic on the charging adapter has developed brown spots, is this normal?
- If my battery is not charging , what can I try?
- What are specifications for the LCS20 charger?
- Are there any special precautions for traveling with NICAD, Lithium or Nickel Metal Hydride batteries overseas?
- What is the difference in battery life between Black and Decker Lithium Ion batteries and Ni-Cad batteries?
- How do I test the battery to determine if there is a bad cell?
- How should I store my Black and Decker® lithium batteries for the winter?
- What is the difference between HPB18 and HPB18-OPE?