Inverters up to 400 Watts can be powered through an automobile's 12 Volt power outlet (lighter, power point, etc.), however due to Underwriter's Laboratory and Electrotechnical Laboratory restrictions, they only supply 80 to 100 Watts through the 12 Volt outlets, even if they are rated 400 Watts. To achieve full output, the inverters would need to be wired directly to the vehicle battery. For example, if you wanted to power a laptop computer with an inverter,to findthe laptop's power consumption, look on the AC adaptor that plugs into AC power and find the "input" line. Multiply Volts by the Amps to arrive at the amount of Watts needed to run the laptop. If the result is 100 or less, the laptop, or any other product compatible with modified sine wave, should operate properly. If the result is greater than 100 Watts, the inverter must be wired to the battery with the correct wire size as required in the Use & Care Manual. To find the correct wire gauge, please click here . For assistance with any of our Vector Automotive Products please contact Baccus Global LLC through one of the following: Telephone: 1-877-571-2391 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (561) 361-4228 Website: baccusglobal.com Mail: Baccus Global LLC 595 S Federal Hwy Ste 210 Boca Raton, FL 33432
Articles in this section
- What size Power Inverter, Transformer or Generator is needed to run my corded power tool?
- How can I look up a Canadian service center near me?
- Where can I find the plans for building a Lean-to-Shed, that were previously listed on the Black & Decker website?
- Quel est le temps de chargement du cultivateur sans fil CTL36?
- What is the charge time for the CTL36 Cordless Tiller?
- Even though Ive confirmed that I have the correct catalog/model number for my tool, why cant I seem to find it on the site?
- Why do I keep receiving a prompt to Verify My Address when the information Ive entered is correct?
- Where can I find the most up-to-date part numbers, parts pricing, and/or parts availability for my tool(s)?
- How do I find manuals, parts lists, and/or exploded views on DEWALT ServiceNET?
- Can the unit be submerged in salt water or fresh water?