It's not necessary to lubricate the blades of a hedge trimmer to prevent rusting because they are pre-hardened rust resistant steel. However, if desired a lubricant to clean the blades we recommend a light spray on lubricant such as WD-40 to give a thin coating. Excessive lubrication may cause a mess and cause sawdust caking.
Articles in this section
- What is the expected run time of a fully charged battery on the LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer?
- What is the amp draw on the HS1010 Hedge Trimmer?
- How do I reach the height of cut with my NPT318 telescopic hedge trimmer?
- What is the part number for the screws to attach the bail handle to the HT012 hedge trimmer?
- What is the difference between the LH4500 and LH5000?
- Is oiling needed for hedge trimmers?