The standard charger that comes with the NST2018 is a 9 hour charger. It puts out a constant current to the battery and that is why the charger should not be left on for long periods. The constant charging will cause the battery to become warm after it reaches full charge. The FSMVC charger (or fast charger)is a computerized fast charger that monitors the battery while it is in the charger and terminates the fast charging when the battery reaches a full charge. It then switches to a maintenance mode to keep the battery charged. The voltage is monitored and more charge will be applied if the voltage drops in the battery.
Articles in this section
- What size Power Inverter, Transformer or Generator is needed to run my corded power tool?
- How can I look up a Canadian service center near me?
- Where can I find the plans for building a Lean-to-Shed, that were previously listed on the Black & Decker website?
- Quel est le temps de chargement du cultivateur sans fil CTL36?
- What is the charge time for the CTL36 Cordless Tiller?
- Even though Ive confirmed that I have the correct catalog/model number for my tool, why cant I seem to find it on the site?
- Why do I keep receiving a prompt to Verify My Address when the information Ive entered is correct?
- Where can I find the most up-to-date part numbers, parts pricing, and/or parts availability for my tool(s)?
- How do I find manuals, parts lists, and/or exploded views on DEWALT ServiceNET?
- Can the unit be submerged in salt water or fresh water?