The charging instructions included in the manual for this spotlight are incorrect. The correct charger instructions can be found in the manual for the HSK142 light, and those instructions are as follows:
Make sure the AC source is 120 volts, 60 Hz (a simple wall receptacle is 120 volts).
The Husky WORKLIGHT can be operated by its own stored power or with the coiled
cord plugged to a DC power source.
DO NOT OPERATE WORKLIGHT WHILE CHARGING
1. Lift the rubber plug from the charge port (6) on the WORKLIGHT base.
2. Connect the AC charger/adapter to the recharge port.
3. Connect the AC charger/adapter to an AC power source or household wall
4. Charge for 25 - 30 hours. Red LED will light to indicate charging and will flash to
indicate a full charge.
5. After charging, disconnect the AC charger adapter from the power source and the
charge port and store the adapter.
6. Replace the rubber plug in the charge port to keep out dust and moisture.