The use of the 24" wire is a standard safety precaution. It gets the operator further away from the battery during connection in case there are any hazardous gasses present or if there is any sparking. The proper procedure would be to connect the 24" wire to the negative battery terminal. Then connect the positive clamp from the charger to the positive battery terminal. Then connect the negative clamp from the charger to the end of the 24" wire away from the battery. Then plug the charger into the wall outlet.
Articles in this section
- Is my BB7B safe for use with my hybrid car?
- What do the specifications refer to regarding Instant and Starting AMPS?
- What is OBD II?
- Where can I purchase parts for my Vector products?
- Is there any information you can provide on custom installation of inverters?
- Can I use the BB7B Battery Booster on my vehicle with a reversed battery?
- What can I do if the positive or negative clamp on my battery charger or jump starter is broken?
- What types of batteries can be charged on an automotive battery charger?
- What should I do if my vehicle encountered a power failure, but the maintainer no longer works in keeping my battery maintained and fully-functioning?
- My car was manufactured prior to 1996; will the Smart Scan work?