The use of the 24" wire is a standard safety precaution. It gets the operator further away from the battery during connection in case there are any hazardous gasses present or if there is any sparking. The proper procedure would be to connect the 24" wire to the negative battery terminal. Then connect the positive clamp from the charger to the positive battery terminal. Then connect the negative clamp from the charger to the end of the 24" wire away from the battery. Then plug the charger into the wall outlet.
Articles in this section
- What size Power Inverter, Transformer or Generator is needed to run my corded power tool?
- How can I look up a Canadian service center near me?
- Where can I find the plans for building a Lean-to-Shed, that were previously listed on the Black & Decker website?
- Quel est le temps de chargement du cultivateur sans fil CTL36?
- What is the charge time for the CTL36 Cordless Tiller?
- Even though Ive confirmed that I have the correct catalog/model number for my tool, why cant I seem to find it on the site?
- Why do I keep receiving a prompt to Verify My Address when the information Ive entered is correct?
- Where can I find the most up-to-date part numbers, parts pricing, and/or parts availability for my tool(s)?
- How do I find manuals, parts lists, and/or exploded views on DEWALT ServiceNET?
- Can the unit be submerged in salt water or fresh water?