The Black & Decker outdoor products are double insulated and because of this the unit does not require a third prong for grounding. Double insulation is an insulation system to protect the user from electric shock. Double insulation is comprised of basic insulation, which provides the first layer of protection, and supplementary insulation, which provides protection in the event that the basic insulation fails.
Articles in this section
- What are the Cutting Heights of the MTD100? (also MTE912 combo kit)
- Why doesn't my Black & Decker corded outdoor product have a third prong for grounding?
- What are some tips on cutting my lawn I can follow for better-looking results?
- Which direction do I turn the nut to loosen the blade on the Black and Decker LE750?
- What does the 1" setting mean on the LE750 edger?
- What should the output power rating be for the charger for the GSL35?
- What is the size, gauge and pitch for the Alligator chain RC600?
- How should I clean my lawn mower?