If the unit is overheating, or getting hot when vacuuming, your bag may be clogged with dirt so the motor is not able to exhaust air. Air has to pass through the vacuum to obtain maximum performance. Hand wash the bag in warm water with a mild detergent, rinse and air dry. If the problem persists, please contact your nearest service center using our Service Center Locator .
Articles in this section
- What are the air speed ratings on the Black & Decker blower/vacs and blowers?
- What is the CFM rating of the BV5000 at the end of the pipe in blower mode?
- Is it still okay to use a 100 foot 14 gauge cord with my type one, BV4000, and the pigtail cord installed under terms of the recall?
- My Blower/Vacuum will not run and is plugged into a functional power source?
- What could be causing a blower vacuum to overheat or lose suction in the vacuuming mode?
- What should I do if I have a BLACK & DECKER blower/vac, BV4000, type 1?
- Can I use my blower/vacuum in wet conditions or for light snow?
- What are the differences between the BLACK+DECKER BV5600, BV6000 and BV6600 blower vacuums?
- Are there any FAQs for the BLACK+DECKER BV5600, BV6000, and BV6600 Type 1 Recall?
- What are the differences between the LH5000 and the BV6000?