It is stated on the box that the maximum reach is 3.05 m (10 ft); the box does not state that the length of the elongated product is 3.05 m (10 ft). In the technical specifications table on the back of the box, it is stated that the length of the product is 1.98 m (6 ft 6 in) once it is fully assembled. The 3.05m (10ft) reach length reported by Black & Decker is based on the conservative assumption that a 6ft (1.83cm) person can hold the handle at shoulder height (approximately 1 , 52 m [5 ft] from the ground) and that it can easily reach the elements to be trimmed which are 3.05 m (10 ft) from the ground. A taller person can have a greater reach. By extending their arms, a shorter person can also have a reach of more than 3.05 m (10 ft).
Articles in this section
- The charger that came with my GS500 is rated at supplying eight volts; is it safe to charge my shears that are only 3.6 volts on the charger?
- What is the expected run time of a fully charged battery on the LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer?
- What is the amp draw on the HS1010 Hedge Trimmer?
- How do I reach the height of cut with my NPT318 telescopic hedge trimmer?
- What is the part number for the screws to attach the bail handle to the HT012 hedge trimmer?
- What can I do to sharpen my hedge trimmer blades?
- What is the difference between the LH4500 and LH5000?
- What can I use to clean the blades on my hedge trimmer?
- Is oiling needed for hedge trimmers?