To install the battery:
- Line up the molded-in arrow on the battery housing with the pictorial of an unlocked lock on the mating part of the trimmer.
- Push the two together and slide the battery assembly down so the arrow lines up with the locked lock symbol molded into the mating part.
- The battery will self lock into place.
- It may require some force to install the battery on the trimmer. You'll get an audible-click.
To remove the battery pack:
- Depress the two buttons on either side of the neck of the string trimmer, just below where the battery attaches.
- Keeping the buttons depressed, slide the battery pack up until the arrow on the housing lines up with the unlocked arrow symbol on the mating part.
- Now the battery is free to be removed.