For 50mm bits or longer and bit tip holders, please note the following directions: If the bit is falling out of the driver, you may need to use more force when inserting the bit. First, put the bit into the driver and then press the bit against a hard surface, while pushing with the heel of your hand on the end of the handle. When doing this, you should feel a slight give or hear a little click signalling that the clip holding the bit has expanded in size. This clip will now hold the bit in place. To check that the bit is inserted properly, the bit should go into the shaft about 12.5mm. Additionally, if the bit does not fall out when the tool is turned upside down, the bit is inserted properly.
Articles in this section
- What is Tritan™ Renew?
- Do tools made from recycled materials perform as well as existing products?
- How is the recycled content certified?
- Can the tools be recycled themselves once they are no longer needed?
- Can the batteries also be recycled?
- What is the packaging made from?
- What are BLACK+DECKER®’s sustainability goals?
- What is Stanley Black & Decker’s Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) strategy?
- Are the tools as strong and durable as their ‘non-recycled’ equivalents?
- Why have you introduced a range of recycled tools?