Firstly check to see if the chuck is secured with a screw, if you have a screw follow steps 1-3 else follow steps 2-3. Step 1: Screw will have a left-hand thread and must be turned clockwise to undo it. Step 2: Once the screw has been removed place a suitable Allen Key in the chuck and tighten the jaws. Step 3: You should then tap the end of the Allen Key to ease the chuck off (the chuck has a conventional thread so unscrew it in an anti-clockwise direction). Some of our high spec cordless drills will need to be serviced need to be taken to your nearest service centre to have a new chuck fitted.
Articles in this section
- What is Tritan™ Renew?
- Do tools made from recycled materials perform as well as existing products?
- How is the recycled content certified?
- Can the tools be recycled themselves once they are no longer needed?
- Can the batteries also be recycled?
- What is the packaging made from?
- What are BLACK+DECKER®’s sustainability goals?
- What is Stanley Black & Decker’s Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) strategy?
- Are the tools as strong and durable as their ‘non-recycled’ equivalents?
- Why have you introduced a range of recycled tools?